Your cart is currently empty.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
“ACL “means the Australian Consumer Law Schedule of the Competition and Consumer Act:
“AUS” means Adelaide Upholstery and Sewing.
“AGREEMENT “means any agreement for the provision of goods to the customer;
“CONSUMER” is as defined in the ACL and in determining if the customer is a consumer under the agreement.
“CUSTOMER” means the person jointly and severally if more than one, acquiring goods from Adelaide Upholstery and Sewing.
“GOODS” as defined in the ACL
“SUPPLY” means the provision of labour and or goods.
“PPSA” means the personal properties securities act 2009(CTH) and associated regulations as amended
“TIME” Whilst every effort is made to meet timescales, this will not be the essence of any supply.
“TERMS” means these terms and conditions of trade
“Structural” means parts of the furniture made from timber I.e. the “frame”
“Service” means to carry out repairs and replacements as we see necessary. Whether under warranty or as a charged item.
“Wear and Tear” means damage or minor damage cause by day to day use.
“Customised” means specifically adapted or adjusted for a customer’s comfort or aesthetic pleasure.
The customer must satisfy themselves that the colour ordered, is indeed suitable. Free fabric samples are available upon request and under no circumstances should the colour of any represented photo, be regarded as, a true likeness of actual fabric colour.
The furniture shall carry a 10-year structural guarantee. (this does not cover wear and tear.).
It is only valid while at the same address where originally delivered.
The fabric shall carry the Exact guarantee as given by its supplier. Please ask if unsure.
The foam shall carry the exact guarantee offered by its supplier.
All other items are guaranteed for a period of one year from the delivery date
The mechanical or moving parts shall carry the Exact guarantee as given by its supplier. Please ask if unsure
Our Service guarantee is for as long as you own the furniture, providing, parts or fabric or alternatives are still available and Adelaide Upholstery & Sewing continues to operate under it’s registered trading name.
All services provided after guaranty are chargeable and will be quoted for prior to repair or replacement.
Where furniture must be returned to our premises for repair, this will be at the customer’s expense in all cases
Where furniture has been “customised” by the client. No returns will be accepted by AUS
Refunds for customised furniture ordered, will not be given.
BASIS OF AGREEMENT
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the terms apply exclusively to every agreement and cannot be varied or replaced by any other terms, including the customers terms and conditions of purchase (if any).
Any quotation provided to the customer for the proposed supply of goods and services is valid for 30 days and only valid if in writing.
The terms may include additional terms in our quotation which are not inconsistent with the terms
An agreement is only accepted when Adelaide Upholstery and Sewing accepts, in writing or electronic means, an offer from the customer or provides the customer with the goods.
Adelaide Upholstery and Sewing has absolute discretion to refuse any offer.
If we are unable to deliver or provide the goods then it may cancel the customer’s order (even if it has been accepted) by written notice to the customer.
No purported cancellation or suspension of an order or any part of it by the customer is binding on Adelaide Upholstery and Sewing once the order has been accepted.
Cancellations will not be accepted if we have cut the fabric or dispatched the order. Or if the goods or fragment of have been especially imported to meet the order.
Any item purchased at a discounted rate for clearance will not attract the usual terms of our usual agreement. We will not entertain claims in relation to clearance goods.
Unless agreed otherwise, Adelaide Upholstery and Sewing will arrange for the delivery of the goods to the customer. (subject to the following conditions)
# (a) Adelaide Metro delivery minimum order for the free delivery of NEW FURNITURE is $1000 ex gst. Unless stated otherwise
(b) The customer pays an agreed delivery or collection fee for New Furniture, Recovers and repairs in advance to Adelaide Upholstery & Sewing.
Delivery of new furniture is 2-4 (unless otherwise stated) weeks from order under usual conditions and is organised via Adelaide Delivery services direct with you the customer, at a specified time.
Delivery of other items is usually finalised between 3- 5 working days following payment via Australia Post or similar.
Adelaide Upholstery and Sewing may make part delivery of goods and we may invoice the customer for goods provided.
If delivery is unable to be completed, the customer is deemed to have taken delivery of the goods.
If agreed that the customer will collect the goods:
- The customer must collect the goods within 3 days of being advised they are ready.
- If the customer does not collect the goods within this time, the customer is deemed to have taken delivery of the goods and the balance becomes due.
- Where goods are to be delivered and or collected by AUS, or its contractors, the customer must at all times;
- Move any items that may be obstructing said collection or delivery.
- Any goods or belongings damaged due to failure of adequate clearance is the sole responsibility of the customer.
- The customer must advise AUS of any collection or delivery not at ground level and or where stairs are involved, prior to contract.
- Goods will only be delivered to the same address as collection unless agreed in writing beforehand.
- Ground floor collection and delivery only, other options must be quoted for prior, to avoid disappointment.
The goods are not supplied for sale by sample orby the provision of samples by the supplier. we cannot guarantee that the goods will match the sample due to dye lot variation.
Adelaide Upholstery and Sewing is not liable in any way howsoever arising under the agreement to the extent that it is prevented from acting by events beyond its reasonable control including, without limitation, industrial disputes, strikes, lockouts, accidents, breakdown, import or export restrictions, acts of god, acts or threats of terrorism or war. If such an event occurs we may suspend or terminate the agreement.
Except as the terms specifically state, or as contained in any express warranty provided in relation to the goods, the agreement does not include by implication any other term, condition or warranty in respect of the quality, merchantability, acceptability, fitness for purpose, condition, description ,assembly, manufacture, design or performance of the goods or any contractual remedy for their failure.
If the customer:
- Is a consumer, nothing in these terms constricts, limits, and modifies the customer’s rights or remedies against Adelaide Upholstery and Sewing for failure of a statutory guarantee under the ACL.
- On-supplies the goods to the customer, subject to sub clause (c):
- If the goods are of a kind not ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption, then the amount specified in section 276A (1) is the limit of liability to the customer.
- Otherwise payment of any amount required under section 274 of the ACL is the absolute limit of liability to the customer;
- Howsoever arising under or in connection, sale, use, storage or dealings with the customer or third party;
Uses up or transforms the goods in the course of trade and when the customer supplies its own goods to a consumer the goods are no longer goods as defined in the ACL then AUS will not be liable to the customer or consumer in anyway arising under or in connection with the sale, use, storage or any other dealings with the goods by the customer or third party.
If sub clauses (a) (b) or (c) do not apply, then other than as stated in the terms and conditions or any written warranty statement we will not be liable to the customer or consumer in any way arising under or in connection with the sale, use, installation,, storage or any other dealings with the goods by the customer or third party.
AUS is not liable for any indirect or consequential losses or expenses incurred by the customer or third party, howsoever caused, including but not limited to, loss of turnover, profits, business or goodwill or any liability to any other party, except to the extent of any liability imposed by the ACL
The customer acknowledges that it has not relied on any service involving skill and judgement, or on any advice, recommendation, information or assistance provided by AUS in relation to the goods or their use or application.
Nothing in the Terms is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying or having the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying the application of any state or federal legislation applicable to the sale of goods or supply of services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
PASSING OF PROPERTY
Until AUS receives full payment in cleared funds for all goods supplied by it to the customer, as well as all other amounts owing to AUS by the customer :
- Title and goods remain vested in AUS and do not pass to the customer;
- The customer must hold the goods as fiduciary Bailee and agent for AUS.
- Customer must keep the goods separate from its goods and maintain AUS labelling and packaging (if any)
- The customer must hold the proceeds of sale of the goods on trust for AUS in a separate account in bank to which the customer has not given security. However , failure to do so will not affect the customers obligation as trustee
- In addition to its rights under the PPSA, AUS may without notice enter any premises where it suspects the goods are and remove them. Notwithstanding that they may have been attached to other goods not the property of AUS and for this purpose the customer irrevocably licences AUS to enter such premises and also indemnifies AUS from and against all costs, claims, demands or actions by any action arising from any party arising from such action.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing:
(a) Customers with credit accounts must make full payment for the goods within 30 days of the date of AUS‘s invoice.
Customers without a credit account must make full payment for the goods prior to the delivery of the goods; and
AUS reserves the right to require payment of a deposit equivalent to 50% to 70% of the total purchase price for contract and Recover services. The balance is payable before delivery or collection of said goods from our premises.
Payment terms may be revoked or amended at AUS’S sole discretion upon giving the customer written notice.
The time for payment is of the essence.
If the customer defaults in payment by the due date of any amount payable to AUS, then all money which would become payable by the customer to AUS at a later date on any account, becomes immediately due and payable without the requirement of any notice to the customer, and AUS may, without prejudice to any of its other accrued or contingent right;
- Charge the customer interest on any sum due at the prevailing rate pursuant to the penalty interest rates act 1983 (Vic) plus 4% for the period from the due date until payment in full.
- Charge the customer for, and the customer must indemnify AUS from, all costs (including, without limitation all legal costs and expenses) incurred from its resulting from the default or in taking action to enforce compliance with the agreement to recover any goods.
- Cease or suspend the supply of any further goods to the customer.
- By written notice to the customer, terminate any uncompleted contract with the customer.
Clauses may also be relied upon, at AUS option:
- The customer is a natural person and becomes bankrupt or enters into any scheme or arrangement or any assignment or composition with or for the benefit of his or her creditors or any class of his or her creditors general; or
- Where the customer is a corporation and, it enters into any scheme or arrangement or any assignment or composition with or for the benefit with its creditors generally, or has a liquidator, administrator or similar functionary appointed in respect of its assets, or any action is taken for, or with the view to, the liquidation (including provisional) winding up or dissolution without winding up of the customer.
- The customers and Directors, Partners or proprietor referred to in the sole proprietor or partnership account application or company account hereby charge all their right, title and interest in the property or properties listed as Private Addresses of the Partners or Proprietors or Directors in the account application and also any property or properties they own currently or may acquire in the future solely or jointly or have or become to have a beneficial interest in, in favour of AUS with the due and punctual observance and performance of all the obligations of the customer. The customer indemnifies AUS against all expenses and legal cost (on a solicitor/own client basis) for preparing/lodging and removing any caveat.
The Customer and the Directors, Partners or Proprietor referred to in the account application hereby acknowledge that AUS may at its discretion register and lodge a caveat(s) on such property or properties in respect of the interests conferred on it under this clause. Such registration of a caveat by AUS over the customers or an individual’s property or properties must not be challenged by the customer or individual in any way whatsoever, and the customer aggress to not take any steps in filing a lapsing notice via the land titles office to have the caveat removed, until such time that the customer has paid all monies owing by it to AUS as claimed from time to time.
PERFORMANCE OF AGREEMENT
Any period or date for delivery of goods as stated by AUS is an estimate only and not a contractual commitment.
AUS will use its reasonable endeavours to meet any estimated dates for delivery of the goods but will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the customer or any third party for the failure to meet any estimated date.
PERSONAL PROPERTY SECURTIES ACT
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these terms,
The PPSA applies to these terms:
For the purposes of the PPSA;
- terms used in this clause have the same meaning as in the PPSA;
- these terms are a security agreement and AUS has a Purchase Money Security interest in all present and future goods
- the security interest is a continuing interest, irrespective of whether there are monies or obligations owing by the customer at any particular time; and
- The customer must do whatever necessary to give a valid security interest over the goods and their proceeds.
- The security interest arising under this clause attaches to the goods when the goods are collected or dispatched from AUS’s premises and not at any later time.
Where permitted by the PPSA, the customer waives the rights to notifications, verifications, disclosures or other documentation specified under sections 95, 121(4), 130, 132(3) (d), 132(4), 135 and 157 of the PPSA
To the extent that is permitted by the PPSA, the customer agrees to;
- The provisions of chapter 4 of the PPSA which are for the benefit of the customer or which place obligations on AUS will only apply to the extent that they are mandatory or AUS agrees to their application in writing; and
- Where AUS has rights in addition to those in chapter 4 of the PPSA, those rights will continue to apply.
The customer must immediately upon AUS’s request;
- Do all things and execute all documents necessary to give effect to the security interest in this agreement;
- Procure from any person considered to be relevant to its security position such agreements and waivers (including as equivalent to those above) as AUS may at any time require.
AUS may allocate amounts received from the customer in any manner AUS determines. Including in any manner required to preserve any purchase money security interest it has in goods supplied by AUS
For the purposes of section 275(6) of the PPSA, the parties agree and undertake that these terms and any information pertaining to the sale of goods and details of the goods shall be kept confidential at all times. Neither party shall disclose any information pertaining to the terms nor the sale of the goods, except as otherwise required by law or that is already in the public domain.
Prices quoted for the supply of goods are exclusive of GST and any other taxes or duties imposed in relation to the goods unless otherwise stated.
If the customer requests any variation to the agreement, AUS may increase the price to account for the variation.
Where there is any change in the costs incurred by AUS in relation to the goods, AUS may vary its price to take account of any such change by notifying the customer.
AUS reserves the right to change its prices.
RISK AND INSURANCE
The risk in the goods and all insurance responsibility for theft, damage or otherwise will pass to the customer immediately on the goods being delivered to the customer or taken from AUS premises by the customer.
The customer assumes all risk and liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or to property of the customer or third parties arising out of the use, installation of any of the goods sold by AUS, unless recoverable from AUS on the failure of any statutory guarantee under the ACL.
The customer must inspect the goods on delivery. This remains the responsibility of the customer even if the goods are delivered to a third party by agreement.
AUS will not be liable for any shortages, damage or noncompliance with the specifications in the service agreement unless:
(a)The customer notifies AUS with a full description and details within 5 days of delivery.
The goods have not been cut or used
The customer upon request makes the good s available for inspection.
Otherwise the customer is deemed to have accepted the goods.
When any claim for goods, damaged or non- compliance, AUS may at its option, replace or refund the goods.
- When work is completed AUS expects the customer to collect or take delivery of goods immediately or as is reasonable to expect thereafter. If the customer fails or is unable to do all or part of the above AUS will not be liable for any damage, loss or theft to property.
- AUS reserves the right to alter and vary these terms at any time. Written notification prior to any new contracts or work will be provided.
- Where goods are to be delivered and or collected by AUS, the customer must at all times;
- Move any items that may be obstructing said collection or delivery.
- Any goods or belongings damaged due to failure of adequate clearance is the sole responsibility of the customer.